Zucchini Chocolate Bread
- ¾ cup finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- A few sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s special dark)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Use a grater to grate one or two zucchini until you end up with ¾ cup of very finely grated zucchini mash. If you’re using a food processor, be sure that there are no big pieces, as big pieces will show in the bread.
- Add the grated zucchini in a large bowl, along with all the other ingredients and stir with a spoon until everything is well blended and mixed.
- Spray some non-stick cooking oil on a mini bread loaf tray and spoon the mixture into it.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour, then do the toothpick test by pricking a toothpick or sharp object like that into the middle. If it comes out clean with a few crumbs, then it’s ready. Otherwise, bake for a little longer and try the test again.