Zesty Rainbow Granola and Bars with Energising Seeds and Nuts
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped/sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup orange and lemon rind, thinly diced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- A few sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
- ¼ cup white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
No Bake Granola Energy Bars
- 1 cup homemade granola
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- To make the Granola: Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, raisins, walnuts (crush them with your hands first if they are large), coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed meal.
- Measure about ¼ cup of orange and lemon rind together. Just slice the outer yellow and orange part from the fruit and dice them in very tiny pieces. Add that to the bowl, along with the spices: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the grape juice, maple syrup, molasses, olive oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. Stir and beat it until everything has dissolved.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry, and stir until everything is well covered and even.
- Pour the mixture on a 9×13 inch oven pay, sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking oil.
- Bake in the oven for a total of about 45 minutes, but taking the tray out every 10 minutes and stirring it around. This ensures everything is evenly mixed and don’t burn.
- Store the granola in a jar and use it for all kinds of things!
- To make the No Bake Granola Energy Bars: Add all the ingredients together in one large bowl while you’re waiting for the granola to cook. Once done, add the granola and stir until it sticks together.
- Then, use your hands to knead the dough until it clumps together.
- Transfer it on a flat surface and use something flat to press it down. Make the shape of a rough rectangle and cut away the sides carefully. Cut the rest into bars and eat immediately.
Source Recipe HERE