Whole Wheat Italian Herb Flatbread Crackers
- ½ cup & 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and use a spoon to mix it for about a minute. Get your hands in there and knead the dough until it’s nice and sticky, and clumps together.
- Prepare a large oven tray (or two) with baking parchment paper and spray a very small amount of non-stick cooking oil on it.
- Transfer the dough onto a wooden board and use a rolling pin to flatten it out. Try and get it as thin as you can, but not so thin that it breaks when you hold it.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut out the crackers, then carefully place it on the baking tray, leaving a little bit of space between each.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Once most of the dough has been cut out (and you’re left with left overs), re-shape it back into a clump and use a rolling pin to flatten it out again. Repeat and use the cookie cutter again to cut out all the crackers you can get.
- If you have more left over dough, repeat the steps until all the dough is used up.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your crackers. Do check because ovens are different, and the thinner it is, the quicker it takes to cook. The cookies are basically ready when you see them brown on the sides. Allow it to cool before eating.
Source Recipe HERE