Vegan Corn Fritters with Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra light olive oil
- A sprinkle ground pepper
- A sprinkle of Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo and fava flour
- ¾ cup & 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoons golden flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh or freeze dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- A few sprinkles ground pepper
- Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Chop the Roma tomatoes in half, and mince the garlic very finely. Put the tomatoes in an oven tray and sprinkle the garlic over the tomatoes evenly. Then, drizzle a little olive oil on top of each tomato and sprinkle a little salt and pepper as well.
- Bake for about 10 minutes with the tomatoes facing upwards, then take the tray out and flip the tomatoes over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Corn Fritters: Peel a fresh corn cob and use a knife to slice down the corn, removing all the little kernels. Put the kernels in a small saucepan and fill it with enough water to cover them. Bring it to a boil, then turn off the heat and drain all the water.
- In a large bowl, add the whole wheat pastry flour, garbanzo and fava flour, almond milk, tapioca starch, golden flaxseed, coriander, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt, parsley (chopped in mince) and pepper. Then, add the drained corn as well.
- Mix until a soft and liquid batter forms.
- Spray a frying pan and turn the heat on medium high (5-6). Drizzle a little amount to form a pancake-like circle and cook one side for about 5-7 minutes, flip it over and cook for another 5-7 minutes. You may have to cook them shorter/longer depending on the heat, stove and thickness of the fritter, but it’s good when you see it brown slightly.
- Repeat and make the rest of the fritters.
Source Recipe HERE