Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal & 1 tablespoon white grape juice)
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, dairy, nut & soy free)
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A sprinkle Himalayan/sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine the tablespoon of white grape juice with the flaxseed meal and stir. Set it aside so it can gel.
- In a large bowl, Combine the two flours, maple syrup, olive oil, chocolate chips, grape juice, almond milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the flax egg.
- Use a spoon and stir for a minute, then get your hands in that mess and knead it until the mixture forms a pretty nice looking cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Lay parchment paper on a baking tray and split the dough in equal, small balls (approximately 10-11). Spread them out on the pan, leaving lots of space. Flatten the dough with your hands, and lay them back into the oven tray. If there’s not enough space, you may have to use a second tray.
- Bake for about 12-16 minutes, depending on if you want it soft or hard.
Source Recipe HERE