Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon carob/cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon carob powder
- Sprinkle: 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Be sure that you freeze two bananas overnight.
- Put the frozen banana, carob or cacao powder and vanilla extract into the blender. Blend until the bananas are smooth but not fully blended, so you have some parts with more chocolate and others with less. (It tastes much better this way). Spoon the mixture out into a bowl and leave it in the freezer for the moment.
- Combine the coconut oil, almond butter (you can use other nut butters if you wish) and carob powder in a bowl. Stir with a spoon until it’s soft and become more liquid like. Briefly mix it with the ice cream and stir for a little bit. Put the bowl back into the freezer for another 30 minutes and serve with a teaspoon of cacao nibs sprinkled on top.
Source Recipe HERE