- 1 large jumbo carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A few sprinkles freshly ground pepper
- A few sprinkles Himalayan/Sea salt
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Other spices of choice (optional)
- It’s important that you have a really large carrot, otherwise you may try slicing sideways. Though the chips will not be round.
- Chop the carrots in thin circles with either a mandolin slicer or knife. If you are using a knife, be very careful and try to cut them as evenly as possible. Make sure they’re not too thin or thick, because thick pieces take forever to cook and thin ones burn easily. Lay them flat on the oven tray for half an hour or so to dry it off, as carrots do contain quite a bit of water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Sprinkle all the spices over the carrots. Make sure that you sprinkle some to every part. Get your hands dirty and massage the spices into the carrots.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, and check on the carrots. Some of the thinner pieces would’ve curled up already. Those are already done, so take them out. Flip the bigger pieces over and allow them to bake further in the oven. Keep checking every 5-10 minutes on the carrots and remove ones that are cooked.
S0urce Recipe HERE