Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder
- 1¼ cup frozen corn
- ½ large sweet potato (or 1 medium)
- 2½ cups water
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sprinkles freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the sweet potatoes and make sure they’re in relatively small cubes. Then, add the sweet potato pieces and corn in a saucepan with 2½ cup water.
- Bring it to a boil, which can take up to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions in small pieces. Once the water is bubbling away, add the chopped onions and bay leaves.
- Turn the heat down to medium high (4-5) and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Then, add the garlic powder, tomato paste, thyme, sea salt, lemon juice, black pepper and pepper flakes. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes until the sweet potatoes and onions are soft (but not easily breakable) and turn the heat off.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and stir until it’s mixed well.
Source Recipe HERE