Raw Vegan Jicama Nachos with Salsa
- ½ jicama
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, pre-soaked
- ½ red pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- 1½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A few sprinkles pepper
- A sprinkle of Himalayan/sea salt
- To make the Nacho Chips: Peel the jicama, then chop it in thin, nacho-like slices. Lay them on the bottom of a plate.
- To make the Nacho: Soak the sunflower seeds in warm water for about 30 minutes, then drain and put it in the blender, along with all the other ingredients for the vegan nacho. Blend on full speed until the “cheese” becomes completely smooth. For this particular one, it tastes better smooth than chunky.
- Spoon the nacho over the jicama chips.
- To make the Salsa: Dice the tomato and small amount of onion and combine them in a bowl, then add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and salt. Stir briefly and pour the salsa on top of the vegan nacho cheese.
- To make this taste even better, put it in the dehydrator or in the oven with the lowest settings (around 100F) for a few hours. Alternatively, you can also bake this in the oven on 300F for about an hour. This will make everything just so much more flavourful!
Source Recipe HERE