Purple Sweet Potato Porridge Pudding
- 1 medium purple sweet potato/yam
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup & 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 cup water (*divided)
- ¼ cup roasted purple sweet potato pieces (*roast a medium/small sweet potato in the oven at 350°F for 1 hour or until it’s soft)
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vegan chocolate chips (eg Enjoy Life, Sunspire)
- Use a peeler to slice the skin off the sweet potato. Chop it into small blocks.
- Toss the sweet potato pieces in a small saucepan, then add the coconut milk, white grape juice, brown rice flour, oat flour and ½ cup water (only for now).
- Turn the heat to medium high (4-5) and simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid on. Add the ½ cup of water and give it a good stir, then add the other ½ cup of water. Stir it around and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, turn the heat to 3-4 and simmer for a total of 35-40 minutes, continuously stirring every 5 minutes or so until the mixture is very thick.
- To assemble: Pour the mixture into a small bowl. If using the roasted sweet potatoes, be sure to remove the skin and dice it up, then add it to the top. Add the blueberries, then the 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut milk over it, then sprinkle on the shredded coconut and vegan chocolate chips and serve.
Source Recipe HERE