Green Pasta with Arrabiata Sauce and Meatless Meatballs
- 4 tablespoon extra light olive oil (divided use)*
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 15 cloves garlic
- 2 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 packet green noodles (or spinach pasta)
- ½ bottle Arrabiata sauce. (I use Rao’s Arrabiata Sauce)
- 15 vegan meatballs (if you can find it, try Trader Joe’s meatless meatballs)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- A sprinkle of Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- To make the Onion, Garlic and Mushrooms: Chop the mushrooms into small pieces, peel and dice the onions.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra light olive oil in the frying pan and add the onions in. Stir fry on medium heat for about 45 minutes until onions are translucent and give off a great fragrance, and are sweet when you taste it. Meanwhile, peel and wrap about 15 cloves garlic (you can add more if you wish) in aluminum foil and drizzle with a tablespoon of extra light olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes until they’re slightly golden. Then, add the mushrooms for another 10 minutes in the oven.
- Once the onions are done, the mushrooms and garlic should be ready as well. Combine them together in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the Noodles: Fill a medium or large saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the green noodles/pasta in and let it boil for about 10 minutes or more, until the noodles are soft and chewy.
- To prepare the Meatless Meatballs: Take the meatless meatballs (you can choose any brand you like, or you can even use crumbles) out of the freezer and into a small bowl. Defrost them in the microwave.
- In the saucepan, add a tablespoon of extra light olive oil and stir in the meatless meatballs, allowing it to cook on medium high (5-6). Then, add the garlic powder, oregano, pepper and paprika and saute for another 3-5 minutes. Add the Arrabiata sauce with the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sprinkle a little Italian herbs and give it a couple of minutes to mix in, then turn off the heat.
- Once the noodles are ready, spoon it (without any of the water) into a plate, then top it with the pasta sauce with meatballs.
Source Recipe HERE