Curried Brown Rice, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Patties
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 potato
- ½ large sweet potato (or 1 medium)
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- ⅓ jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- A few sprinkles black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- Cook the brown rice by following my brown rice recipe.
- Wash and peel the potato and sweet potato and cut it in large pieces. Fill a saucepan with water and put the sweet potatoes and potatoes in there. Bring it to a boil, then cook in medium high for about 7-10 minutes until it’s soft enough to be mashed.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set it aside on a flat bowl.
- Prepare the jalapeno pepper and garlic and mince them into very fine small pieces, and set aside.
- When the potatoes and sweet potatoes are cooked, put it through a strainer and remove all the water. Place it on a flat bowl or pot with the chickpeas and mash it. You don’t have to mash it completely.
- Add the brown rice, minced garlic, jalapeno pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sea salt and black pepper. Finally, add the flour and stir very well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into a patty (flat circle). It should make about 9 of them.
- Spray an oven tray with non-stick oil and spread the patties out. Let it sit for a minute, then flip it over (so both sides have some of the oil spray).
- Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes, then flip it over and bake for another 10 minutes.
Source Recipe HERE