Cabbage and Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 scallion
- 2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ medium cabbage (about 5 cups chopped)
- 5 mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of ground pepper
- Wash and chop the cabbage into small pieces. You may like to shred them, have them in bite sized pieces or whatever size you want. Use a mushroom slicer (if possible) to slice your mushrooms into 4-5 thin slices. Peel and chop the garlic into small pieces, and chop the scallions lengthwise in small pieces.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat on medium high (5-6) and let it warm up for a couple of minutes. Add the cabbage, mushrooms and salt and let it saute for about 5 minutes, be sure to stir very well.
- Add two teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce and taste, if it needs more, add another teaspoon. Otherwise, add the cooking wine, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes and turn the heat off and serve.
Source Recipe HERE