Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushroom Noodles
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bundles wheat noodles (or other whole grain noodles)
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, soaked overnight
- 1 large bok choy
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/Sea salt
- A few sprinkles black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms overnight (or at least 4 hours). Drain out all the yellowish water and rinse it well. Chop the bok choy in four equal pieces or smaller if you wish. You may also want to chop the shiitake mushrooms.
- Bring two cups of water to a boil with the miso paste in it. Be sure to stir the miso so it’s dissolved before anything is added. This may take about 3-6 minutes.
- Once the water is bubbling, add the olive oil, noodles, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy. Stir until the noodles become soft. Add the cooking wine and all the spices, then let it continue cooking in high heat for 5 more minutes or until the bok choy is soft and noodles are chewy and soft.
Source Recipe HERE